Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Star and diamond

I was so anxious to get a diamond completed. But when I looked at it with the star I was disappointed.
 Everything matched too much and the star got lost. I think it would have worked if I had stayed with a two color combo.
So I am thinking that this may make a great wall hanging or table topper. Then I can always preserve my first epp project. Now on to applique it down and quilting it.  Which also means that I could move on to another one too! Maybe something a little more planned.
 
Linking up with Jessica of Life under Quilts, check out out all of the projects everyone is up to. There is some fabulous work being done out there in blog land.
 

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you could try the outer edge of the diamond all in whites and off-whites for more contrast? I like the the patterns that happen in your star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star is so pretty...but I do agree with the diamond getting lost...maybe if you used a solid color or white as this would then make the star pop out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay to change your mind. I like the star set against the navy background. The colors in the star really pop against the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those ideas of introducing some solids or whites to define your shapes. That said, sometimes things are perfect right where they are, and that would make a really cool piece all on it's own as your very first EPP project. Can't wait for next week's update!

    ReplyDelete

It's always wonderful to know that you have stopped by. All of your comments brighten my day!