Friday, January 14, 2011

This is one of my

Son's, who happens to have Down syndrome. He is a teenager now, who likes doing his chin up's and thinks that tattoo's are cool. Not that mom is letting him get one!

Down syndrome wasn't expected, but this is a gift I'm glad to know.

Over the past year I have had the chance to get to know another mother who has experienced her own gift. She has openly shared her emotions. She has let the world see the love that she has found. Now as Nella turns one, she is making a difference for all individuals with Down Syndrome and you can help too. To find out more watch the video clip below.






Did you find my loved one? If you want to know more about Kelle, and her experiences this year. Just click on the button in the sidebar. If you read the birth story, be prepared with tissues.



"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog (via a comment about my Kiss in the Corner on Bonnie's blog). I have a son with Down Syndrome too. He's 7, has a pacemaker and other medical issues, is also a bit autistic but brings loads of love and joy into our lives. He is my 6th child, a surprise baby and I wouldn't be without him for the world. He is at Special School and LOVES it, but I do worry about what the future holds for him.

    ReplyDelete

It's always wonderful to know that you have stopped by. All of your comments brighten my day!