Wednesday, June 29, 2011

FWQAL Week 5

When I first started this I was being really confident with adding colors together. As I go along, I'm becoming more predicable. Like this one here. In my mind I thought the colors would pop. Reality is it all blends together. I thought about pulling it apart and starting over. I just didn't have the desire, maybe later.
Block 32- Farmer's Daughter

Now this block could be one of my favorites. I think that I'm just drawn to the orange. How could someone not be happy around a color like that?
Block 28- Cut glass dish

Because I missed last week I decided to make 4 blocks this week.

Block 20- Churn Dash
Do you see what I see? It's a mistake. Two of the birds are flying the wrong direction. Must have forgotten something. Maybe I'll tear it apart one day or keep it just for honesty and giggles.
Block 7- Birds in the Air

Sometimes it hard to see how something will come together, especially  since I am trying to break out of my traditional color pattern. I tested all of the blocks out together on the design door. It gave me a lot more confidence to see it this way. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always wonderful to know that you have stopped by. All of your comments brighten my day!