Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Garden update

I missed blogging last week, seems there just wasn't enough hours in the day. I wish that I could say that everything was eating icecream and enjoying the summer. But it was alot more like running around to doctor's appointments, and trying to keep up with all the normal activities.

Somewhere in all of that madness I was able to spend some time out in the garden. While I was there I found the start of this cantalope, and a few cucumbers. No matter how old I get it still amazing to watch vegetables grow, vs. just picking them up off the grocery store shelfs.
Since then we have been eating the cucumbers with lunch & dinner. It's just a simple sugar, vinegar, water, and cucumber mixture.
Not only does it look great, but thanks to a friend I finally have a use for these gallon size canning gars I bought years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always wonderful to know that you have stopped by. All of your comments brighten my day!